Browse Policies A - Z
Know the name of the document you are looking for?
Below is a master list (in alphabetical order, by title) of the entire Policy Library. Each alphabetic grouping of documents is headed with the relevant letter of the alphabet, next to which you will find a "view summary descriptions" link. These may help you determine if the document is the one you are after.
Don't know the name of the document you are looking for?
If you don't know the name of the document you are looking for, the Policy Library has a dedicated Search Engine. Use it to search for documents related to your area of interest. You can search by topic (management area), keywords, partial titles and also do full text searches. You'll find a link to the search engine at the top of this page.
- Cabcharge ProcedureThese Procedures support the management and use of Cabcharge Taxi eTickets.
- Chancellor Installation Ceremony ProcedureThis procedure outlines the Chancellor installation ceremony.
- Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) PolicyThis Policy establishes the principles for installation and use of CCTV by the University.
- Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) ProcedureThis procedure supports the UON Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) Policy.
- Code of ConductThis code applies to students, staff, conjoints, volunteers, University Council members and external members of University committees, who are to act consistently with these Code of Conduct values and comply with the code in their studies, the performance of their duties and in their endeavours.
- Code of Ethical Academic Conduct PolicyThis document is intended to clarify and reinforce the University's obligations and responsibilities at law, and is one of the statements of good practice observed by the University in addressing teaching and learning and the academic behaviour of its staff and students.
- Code of Practice for Higher Degree by Research CandidatureThe principal purpose of the code of practice is to ensure that supervisors, their respective academic units and Faculties, and the higher degree by research candidates, are aware and clear about their minimum responsibilities, the responsibilities of each other and of the University.
- Collaborative Research and Ethics Approval GuidelineThis guideline outlines human and animal ethics considerations where a member of the staff of the University of Newcastle is the Chief Investigator on a research project involving human participants or animals, and which involves collaboration with researchers from other institutions.
- Companion Card ProcedureThis procedure outlines the process for use of a companion card when travelling on UON business.
- Complaints Handling Procedure - Radio Station 2NURFMThis procedure outlines the process for management of complaints regarding the University's radio station 2NURFM
- Complaints Resolution GuidelinesThese guidelines support the Complaints Resolution Policy and Complaints Resolution Procedures and must be read in conjunction with those documents.
- Complaints Resolution PolicyThis policy outlines the UON commitment to complaints management.
- Complaints Resolution ProcedureThis procedure supports the Complaints Resolution Policy and Complaints Resolution Guidelines and must be read in conjunction with those documents.
- Compliance Management FrameworkThis framework sets out the process for integrating compliance into operations, to assist in understanding actions to support compliance practices, providing efficient and effective compliance controls and to ensure that compliance requirements can be met without duplication of effort.
- Compliance Management PolicyThis policy sets out the University’s commitment to compliance management and outlines key roles and responsibilities.
- Conflict of Interest for Higher Degree by Research Supervisors GuidelineThis guideline is to assist staff involved in supervising Higher Degree by Research candidates to manage potential conflicts of interest between supervision of a candidate in the workplace and in the context of their candidature.
- Conflicts of Interest PolicyThe objective of this Policy is to help employees and others engaged in University business to identify, disclose and manage actual, reasonably perceived or potential conflicts of interest between their interests and their University duty or responsibilities.
- Controlled Entity Dividend GuidelineThis guideline applies to all controlled entities of the University whose corporate structure enables them to pay a dividend.
- Copyright Guidelines - Part VA (Audio-Visual)This document outlines the requirements for copying and communication audio visual material.
- Copyright Guidelines - Part VB (Electronic)Guidelines for Electronic Copying and communicating to comply with Copyright legislation.
- Copyright Law GuidelinesThis Guideline outlines the University's requirements for compliance with the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
- Copyright Warning Notices GuidelinesThis document provides the details of the electronic notice that must be displayed when copying or communicating electronically as per the requirements of the Digital Agenda amendments to the Copyright Act.
- Corporate Data Access and Use ProcedureThis procedure provides a framework for University staff, students and external parties seeking to access UON corporate data.
- Corporate Identity PolicyThe aim of the University’s Corporate Identity Policy is to project and promote a single, consistent identity for the University of Newcastle.
- Council CharterThis Charter sets out the role and responsibilities of the Council and its members, responsibilities delegated to committees or to management, as well as the membership and the operation of the Council.
- Council Members Professional Development Program GuidelineThis guideline supports the professional development of Council Members consistent with their duties and responsibilities as set out in the University of Newcastle Act 1989 (the Act) and the Council Charter
- Course Management and Assessment Procedure ManualThis manual is designed to provide clear and concise directions for staff and students of the University when designing, managing and reviewing courses and assessment.
- Coursework Professional Doctorates GuidelinesThese guidelines are to be read in conjunction with the Rules Governing Professional Doctorates and provide detail not specifically covered in the Rules.
- Coursework Program Teaching Qualification GuidelinesThese guidelines provide a framework for compliance with the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2011 (as amended) in relation AQF qualification requirements in relation to teaching in Coursework Programs.