Browse Policies A - Z
Know the name of the document you are looking for?
Below is a master list (in alphabetical order, by title) of the entire Policy Library. Each alphabetic grouping of documents is headed with the relevant letter of the alphabet, next to which you will find a "view summary descriptions" link. These may help you determine if the document is the one you are after.
Don't know the name of the document you are looking for?
If you don't know the name of the document you are looking for, the Policy Library has a dedicated Search Engine. Use it to search for documents related to your area of interest. You can search by topic (management area), keywords, partial titles and also do full text searches. You'll find a link to the search engine at the top of this page.
- Inclusive Language GuidelinesThese guidelines assist members of the University to use non-discriminatory language.
- Inclusive Language PolicyThis policy outlines that all communications (written, visual and oral) be inclusive in nature.
- Inclusive Teaching and Learning GuidelinesThese guidelines support the University’s commitment to an inclusive culture that is reflected in its approach to teaching and research.
- Indirect Cost Recovery (Research) GuidelineTo ensure that all externally funded research activity undertaken by UON includes the provision to recover the indirect costs associated with that activity.
- Information Security Access Control ProcedureThis procedure establishes the University's obligation to ensure that user access is based upon authorisation, and that unauthorised access to systems and services is prevented.
- Information Security BYOD ProcedureThis procedure allows the use of 'bring your own device' (BYOD) for business purposes, and aims to ensure that University systems and data are protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
- Information Security Data Classification ProcedureThis procedure seeks to apply effective security controls to the University's information systems by establishing appropriate information classification labels.
- Information Security Human Resource GuidelinesThis guideline is designed to govern the human resources aspect of information security for employees of the University.
- Information Security Incident Management GuidelinesThis guideline document governs the actions required for reporting, responding and managing information security incidents involving University's ICT services and system resources.
- Information Security Network Security ProcedureThis procedure establishes appropriate network security controls to protect University ICT services and systems against downtime due to malicious and untintentional failures, to prevent unauthorised individuals from accessing ICT network resources, and to protect University confidential data.
- Information Security Operations Management ProcedureThis documents outlines procedures for ensuring the smooth operation of the University's ICT resources.
- Information Security Patch Management ProcedureThis procedure ensures limitations of exposure and effect of common malware threats, and vulnerability exploitation to ICT systems.
- Information Security Physical and Environmental Security ProcedureThis procedure details the controls in place to ensure the smooth operation of the University's ICT resources.
- Information Security PolicyThis policy applies to all users of the University's ICT resources and connected systems. Each user is required to comply with the terms of this Policy as well all applicable legislation.
- Information Technology Conditions of Use PolicyThis policy informs users of the University's ICT resources of their rights and responsibilities and the University requires users to comply with this Policy as a condition of their use.
- Intellectual Property PolicyThis policy provides clear guidance on the University’s position in relation to the ownership and management of intellectual property including its creation, use, sharing, protection and commercialisation within the organisation’s risk management framework.
- Intellectual Property ProcedureThis procedure provides clear guidance on the University’s position in relation to the ownership and management of intellectual property including its creation, use, sharing, protection and commercialisation within the organisation’s risk management framework.
- Interim Constitution of the Academic Senate RuleAcademic Senate is responsible for protecting, promoting and enhancing academic standards and quality at UON and advises Council on core academic activities including teaching, learning and research, through its President, who is also Council member.
- Interim International Sanctions Compliance GuidelinesThese guidelines form the University's interim approach to compliance with International Sanctions Legislation.
- Interim International Sanctions Compliance PolicyThese policy forms the University's interim approach to compliance with International Sanctions Legislation.
- Internal Audit CharterThis charter establishes the purpose, scope, authorities and responsibilities, organisational relationships and independence conferred by the University of Newcastle’s (UON) Council on UON’s Assurance Services with respect to carrying out internal audit duties.
- International Students Letter of Release ProcedureThis Procedure applies to International Students wishing to transfer to another Registered Provider
- International Students Refund ProcedureThis procedure sets out the circumstances in which the University will refund tuition fees and other fees paid for by on behalf of international students.
- Interview Recording and Transcribing - Human Research Ethics ProcedureThis procedure outlines the process for when audio or video recording an individual or a group of research participants.
- Investment PolicyThis policy sets out the principles underpinning the management UON’s investment portfolio, including its real property investments.