Browse Policies A - Z
Know the name of the document you are looking for?
Below is a master list (in alphabetical order, by title) of the entire Policy Library. Each alphabetic grouping of documents is headed with the relevant letter of the alphabet, next to which you will find a "view summary descriptions" link. These may help you determine if the document is the one you are after.
Don't know the name of the document you are looking for?
If you don't know the name of the document you are looking for, the Policy Library has a dedicated Search Engine. Use it to search for documents related to your area of interest. You can search by topic (management area), keywords, partial titles and also do full text searches. You'll find a link to the search engine at the top of this page.
- Recognition Ceremonies Conducted By Partner Institutions PolicyThis policy outlines the process for recognition ceremonies at UON partner institutions.
- Recognition of Prior Learning PolicyThis policy outlines the University's commitment to Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) as a means of providing wider access to university study and to improving access and equity for students.
- Records and Information Management PolicyThis policy provides a framework for the management of University records in accordance with the legislative requirements, standards and best practices which are applicable to the activities of the University.
- Recruitment and Selection Guideline for the Appointment of Sessional Academic StaffThis guideline aims to ensure a quality assured, merit-based and consistent approach to the recruitment, selection and appointment of sessional academic staff.
- Recruitment, Selection and Appointment of Academic, Teaching and Professional Staff ProcedureThis procedure outlines the University’s processes for the recruitment of professional, teaching and academic staff.
- Recruitment, Selection and Appointment of Research Staff from Non-Operating Funds ProcedureThis procedure outlines the University’s processes for the recruitment, selection and appointment of research staff for a research project from Non-operating funds for a period of 12 months to 3 years.
- Recruitment, Selection and Appointment of Senior Staff ProcedureThis procedure outlines the University’s processes to appoint a Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Global Innovation Chair, Global Innovation Professorial Fellow, Head of School, or Director or equivalent.
- Recruitment, Selection and Appointment PolicyThis policy provides a framework for the development of recruitment, selection and appointment of academic and professional staff.
- Refunds for Students Studying through UON Singapore at PSB Academy PolicyThis policy sets out the refund conditions that apply to students studying through UON Singapore at PSB Academy.
- Reimbursement of Council Members' Expenses PolicyThis policy applies to expenses incurred by members attending meetings and official events as part of their duties or functions as a member of the Council.
- Research Authorship ProcedureThe guideline details the criteria and protocols for acknowledging authorship and seeks to recognise the restrictions associated with commercial publication.
- Research Breach Investigation ProcedureThese guidelines provide a framework for responding to suspected breaches of the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research and to allegations of research misconduct.
- Research Code of Practice for Students Enrolled in Honours Degrees - GuidelinesThis code outlines the responsibilities of students and the University with regards to honours degree programs.
- Research Data and Primary Materials Management ProcedureThis guideline outlines the management of research data and primary materials articulated in the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research.
- Research Peer Review Guideline for Ethics ApplicationsThis guideline provides the process requirements for peer review of research proposals submitted for ethics approval to the Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC) or the Animal Care and Ethics Committee (ACEC).
- Research Project Monitoring Guideline - Professional Doctorate CandidatesThese Guidelines support the Rules Governing Professional Doctorates (000580) and the Coursework Professional Doctorates Guideline (000775) and should be read in conjunction with these rules
- Research Publication Responsibility GuidelineThis guideline provides researchers with a framework for publication of research findings.
- Research Thesis with a Creative Component ProceduresThis document provides guidance for candidates, supervisors, schools and examiners on the expected standards of a research thesis with a creative component and sets out the process for presentation and examination.
- Research Training Program Scholarship PolicyThis policy applies to University of Newcastle (University) Research Training Program (RTP) scholarship applicants and recipients.
- Responsible Conduct of Research PolicyThis policy establishes the University's practices for research that are in accordance with the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research, 2018.
- Return to Work PolicyThis is UON's policy to enable a staff member to return to work where an injury or illness may have occurred.
- Reward and Recognition GuidelineThis guideline is for managers to use when considering and recommending rewards and recognition for staff.
- Risk Management FrameworkThe Risk Management Framework provides the foundations and organisational arrangements for designing, implementing, monitoring, reviewing and continually improving risk management.
- Risk Management PolicyThis policy sets out the University’s commitment to risk management and outlines key roles and responsibilities
- Rules Governing Gladys M Brawn Memorial Gift CommitteeThis document outlines the administration of the income received from the fund created by the donations to the University from the late Leslie Harold Brawn during his lifetime.
- Rules Governing Higher Degrees by ResearchThese Rules apply to Higher Degree by Research awards and programs created, established and offered by the University of Newcastle, to applicants for those programs, and candidates enrolled in a higher degree by research.
- Rules Governing Professional DoctoratesThese Rules apply to the postgraduate coursework programs leading to professional doctorate awards of the University.
- Rules Governing SchoolsThese rules establish the governance of schools at UON.
- Rules Governing Traffic and Parking This rule applies to all vehicles brought onto the Callaghan and Ourimbah Campuses of the University and to the University’s Newcastle CBD campus.