Browse Policies A - Z
Know the name of the document you are looking for?
Below is a master list (in alphabetical order, by title) of the entire Policy Library. Each alphabetic grouping of documents is headed with the relevant letter of the alphabet, next to which you will find a "view summary descriptions" link. These may help you determine if the document is the one you are after.
Don't know the name of the document you are looking for?
If you don't know the name of the document you are looking for, the Policy Library has a dedicated Search Engine. Use it to search for documents related to your area of interest. You can search by topic (management area), keywords, partial titles and also do full text searches. You'll find a link to the search engine at the top of this page.
- Hardship Grants ProcedureThis procedure supports the University of Newcastle Scholarships and Student Benefits Scheme which gives practical expression to the University’s longstanding commitment to access and equity.
- Health and Safety GuidelinesThis guideline provides a link to UON's individual health and safety guidelines.
- Health and Safety Key Risk Area ProceduresThis document provides links to each of UON's key risk area procedural documents.
- Health and Safety PolicyThis is UON's Health and Safety Policy.
- Higher Degree by Research Scholarship PolicyThis policy applies to University of Newcastle (University) funded Higher Degree by Research (HDR) scholarship recipients, excluding Research Training Program scholarships covered under the Research Training Program Scholarship Policy.
- Higher Degrees by Research Posthumous Awards PolicyThis policy provides the framework for the posthumous granting of an award in the event of the death of an enrolled higher degree by research candidate of the University of Newcastle.
- Higher Degrees by Research Posthumous Awards ProcedureThis procedure provides the framework for the posthumous granting of an award in the event of the death of an enrolled higher degree by research candidate of the University of Newcastle.
- Higher Doctoral Degrees PolicyThis Policy applies to degrees classified as Higher Doctoral Degrees of the University.
- Higher Doctoral Degrees ScheduleThis schedule applies to the degrees of Doctor of Engineering, Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Letters, and Doctor of Science.
- Honorary Appointments PolicyThe provisions of this policy cover conjoint appointments and visiting appointments.
- Honorary Degree Nominations PolicyThe purpose of this policy is to assist members of the University community who wish to nominate a person for the award of an honorary degree.
- Honorary University Fellowship PolicyThe intent of this policy is to provide the criteria and process for appointing Honorary University Fellows and to detail the associated benefits that will provide recipients with recognition and ongoing affiliation as members of the University’s community.
- Human Research Participant Recruitment GuidelinesThese guidelines support the University’s commitment to the recruitment of participants for research involving humans being conducted in a safe and ethically responsible manner and in accordance with the requirements of the National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research.