Browse Policies A - Z
Know the name of the document you are looking for?
Below is a master list (in alphabetical order, by title) of the entire Policy Library. Each alphabetic grouping of documents is headed with the relevant letter of the alphabet, next to which you will find a "view summary descriptions" link. These may help you determine if the document is the one you are after.
Don't know the name of the document you are looking for?
If you don't know the name of the document you are looking for, the Policy Library has a dedicated Search Engine. Use it to search for documents related to your area of interest. You can search by topic (management area), keywords, partial titles and also do full text searches. You'll find a link to the search engine at the top of this page.
- Petty Cash PolicyThis policy meets the requirements on the University for probity and accountability in the handling of money.
- Petty Cash ProcedureThis procedure supports the University’s Petty Cash Policy. That policy should be read in conjunction with this procedure.
- Policy FrameworkThis framework sets out the system for the development, approval, implementation and management of UON policy documents
- Policy Governing SchoolsThis policy establishes the governance of schools at the University of Newcastle.
- Political Donation PolicyThis policy sets out the University’s position in relation to political donations.
- Posthumous Awards PolicyThis policy outlines the principles for the posthumous award of degrees or diplomas.
- Privacy and Information Access PolicyThe purpose of this policy is to meet the University’s obligations under Right to Information and Privacy legislation.
- Privacy Management PlanThis Privacy Management Plan details how the University of Newcastle manages personal information of staff, students and the general public in their dealings with the University.
- Pro Vice-Chancellors, Assistant Deans and Other College Officers PolicyThis Policy concerns the title Pro Vice-Chancellor, Dean, Assistant Dean, Deputy Head of Faculty and acting faculty positions.
- Procurement PolicyThis policy applies to all UON staff and controlled entities for the procurement of all goods and services for UON, including capital expenditure, regardless of the source of funding.
- Professor Emeritus and Other Courtesy Titles PolicyThis policy is made by the Council to establish principles to govern the conferring of the title Professor Emeritus and other courtesy titles by the University.
- Program Management Procedure Manual - CourseworkThis manual is designed to provide clear and concise directions for staff and students of the University when designing, managing, reviewing programs and when recommending the introduction or discontinuation of coursework programs offered by the University.
- Promoting a Respectful and Collaborative University: Diversity and Inclusiveness PolicyThis policy provides a framework for promoting and supporting appropriate standards of behavior, and managing associated risk in order to avoid and prevent bullying, discrimination, harassment, including sexual harassment, vilification and victimisation.
- Promoting a Respectful and Collaborative Workplace: Resolving Workplace Concerns or Conflict ProcedureThis procedure promotes a process to facilitate a fair, fast and flexible way to resolve staff member concerns and conflict.
- Public Interest Disclosures PolicyThis policy is to ensure commitment to and compliance by the University with its obligations under anti-corruption legislation.
- Purchasing Card Policy and ProceduresThis policy specifies the use of, eligibility for, responsibilities and restrictions on the University’s Purchasing Card.