Browse Policies A - Z
Know the name of the document you are looking for?
Below is a master list (in alphabetical order, by title) of the entire Policy Library. Each alphabetic grouping of documents is headed with the relevant letter of the alphabet, next to which you will find a "view summary descriptions" link. These may help you determine if the document is the one you are after.
Don't know the name of the document you are looking for?
If you don't know the name of the document you are looking for, the Policy Library has a dedicated Search Engine. Use it to search for documents related to your area of interest. You can search by topic (management area), keywords, partial titles and also do full text searches. You'll find a link to the search engine at the top of this page.
- Personnel Security Policy and StandardThis Policy is designed to govern the human resources aspect of information security for employees of the University.
- Petty Cash ProcedureThis procedure supports the University’s Petty Cash Policy. That policy should be read in conjunction with this procedure.
- Physical and Environmental Security Policy and StandardThis Policy details the controls in place to ensure the smooth operation of the University's ICT resources.
- Policy FrameworkThis framework sets out the system for the development, approval, implementation and management of UON policy documents
- Policy Governing SchoolsThis policy establishes the governance of schools at the University of Newcastle.
- Political Donation PolicyThis policy sets out the University’s position in relation to political donations.
- Privacy Management PlanThis Privacy Management Plan details how the University of Newcastle manages personal information of staff, students and the general public in their dealings with the University.
- Pro Vice-Chancellors, Assistant Deans and Other College Officers PolicyThis Policy concerns the title Pro Vice-Chancellor, Dean, Assistant Dean, Deputy Head of Faculty and acting faculty positions.
- Procurement PolicyThis policy applies to all University staff and controlled entities for the procurement of all goods and services for the University, including capital expenditure, regardless of the source of funding.
- Professional Doctorates PolicyThis Policy applies to the postgraduate coursework programs leading to professional doctorate awards of the University.
- Professor Emeritus and Other Courtesy Titles PolicyThis policy is made by the Council to establish principles to govern the conferring of the title Professor Emeritus and other courtesy titles by the University.
- Program Management Manual - CourseworkThis manual is designed to provide clear and concise directions for staff and students of the University when designing, managing, reviewing programs and when recommending the introduction or discontinuation of coursework programs offered by the University.
- Project and Consultancy Revenue ProcedureTo set out the requirements for the identification, negotiation, application, and approval of project and consultancy revenue and how any surplus funds generated from project and consultancy arrangements are applied.
- Promoting a Respectful and Collaborative University: Diversity and Inclusiveness PolicyThis policy provides a framework for promoting and supporting appropriate standards of behavior, and managing associated risk in order to avoid and prevent bullying, discrimination, harassment, including sexual harassment, vilification and victimisation.
- Promoting a Respectful and Collaborative Workplace: Resolving Workplace Concerns or Conflict ProcedureThis procedure promotes a process to facilitate a fair, fast and flexible way to resolve staff member concerns and conflict.
- Public Interest Disclosures PolicyThis policy is to ensure commitment to and compliance by the University with its obligations under anti-corruption legislation.
- Purchasing and Companion Card ProcedureThis manual provides guidance on use of UON Purchasing Cards and Companion Cards and should be read in conjunction with the Purchasing Card, Companion Card and Petty Cash Policy
- Purchasing, Companion Card and Petty Cash PolicyThis policy specifies the use of, eligibility for, responsibilities and restrictions on the University’s Purchasing Card, Companion Card and Petty Cash.