This is not a current document. It has been repealed and is no longer in force.
Section 1 - Introduction
(1) The way in which the University of Newcastle presents itself influences the image that people have of the University. The University of Newcastle's name, logo and key messages are integral to the University's identity.
Top of Page
Section 2 - Policy Intent
(2) The aim of the University's Corporate Identity Policy is to project and promote a single, consistent identity for the University of Newcastle.
(3) The University's controlled entities are outside of the scope of this policy.
Top of Page
Section 3 - Scope
(4) This policy applies to the University of Newcastle name, logo, key messages, corporate colours, typefaces and other elements of the University's corporate identity.
Top of Page
Section 4 - Policy
Approval and Implementation
(5) The Vice-Chancellor approves the corporate identity of the University that is applied to stationery, advertising, web site, signage, certificates, degrees and other corporate uses.
(6) Guidelines for applying the University's corporate identity are provided in The University of Newcastle Corporate Identity Guidelines. These guidelines define acceptable and unacceptable use of the University corporate identity.
(7) The Corporate Identity Guidelines are reviewed and updated by Marketing and Public Relations.
(8) Implementation of the University's corporate identity is managed by the Marketing and Public Relations Office. All applications of the University corporate identity whether produced by the University of Newcastle or third parties must be consistent with the Corporate Identity Guidelines and by approved by Marketing and Public Relations or a member of the Senior Executive.
(9) Staff and students must not use the University of Newcastle's corporate identity, in ways that may be misleading, deceiving or lead to unfavourable perceptions of the University. All usage must reflect the corporate identity of the University of Newcastle set out in the Corporate Identity Guidelines.
Use of University Logo and Stationery
(10) Staff may only use the University's logo or corporate stationery (including business cards), in their capacity as an employee of the University.
(11) Students may only use the University's logo or corporate stationery when specifically authorised by the relevant Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Pro Vice-Chancellor or research supervisor, in their capacity as a student of the University.